Virtualbox 2.2.0 won't uninstall, upgrade, or repair (error about needing MultiArch install file)
- Manually deleted Virtualbox fom program files and from Documents and setings(all except my *.vdi files)
- Download Virtualbox 2.1.4 installer
- Run 2.1.4 installer (installs fine)
- Reboot (like the installer asks - I believe it has something to do with hooked network drivers)
- After reboot go to Add/Remove and uinstall Virtualbox 2.2.0
- go to Add/Remove and uinstall Virtualbox 2.1.4
- Install Virtualbox 2.2.2 (clean and working!)
NOTE: RESTORED WINDOWS 2003 WITH UNIVERSAL RESTORE AND AFTER ENSURING NO COMPUTER NAME CONFLICT AND REJOINING THE DOMAIN (WITH bridged e1000 server adapter) everything is fine...
then test-successful, can log into vm-ts as admin & as a user
move to locked-down gpo (and restart from admin ts login)
remove hardlock device drivers & zterm
permissions modified c:program files can have terminal-server-allow group read (replacing the stupid "users" group) docs & settings stays the same (creator allow) madics ts settings (full control)
BUT most likely cause of network outage previously was VBOX additions 2.2.2
removing vbox additions makes it worse, the only answer was a clean reinstall/restore of the guest!